Two Day Beyond Three Star Whitewater Canoe
£140 per person
- Did you complete your BC 3* award and want more whitewater?
- Do you want to progress your personal whitewater skills?
The jump from 3* to 4* (or Moderate Canoe Leader as it is now called) is quite substansial and we find people quite often who come on these leadership courses wanting personal coaching on grade two rather than to learn about leadership styles and strategy.
On this two day whitewater canoe skills course we will look at a range of skills and techniques in the grade II environment including:
- Efficient power generation and transfer
- Using trim to make your turns more effective
- Using river features to make crossing the flow easier
- Timing your strokes to make you more efficient (and look cool!)
- Surfing waves and stoppers - how to have more fun!
- Running those harder rapids - tactics and confidence
We are canoeists & we love canoeing; it's what we do on our days off.
We are qualified to the highest level and have years of coaching experience
We can lend you all the specialist equipment you need
Why Chirk and the Dee Valley?
We have access to a range of rivers from our base; the Dee goes without saying but further afield we have the Severn, Banwy, Conwy, Llugwy and more!
Need somewhere to stay?
We've got a campsite, bar and restaurant on site plus links with excellent local bunkhouses and B&Bs.